The difference between Windows and Linux in security
In our article today, we will learn about the difference between Windows and Linux in security and protection in Windows and Linux so that we can judge them.
Security and security are very important for users, especially those working in the field of technology and programming.
What is common among us is that Linux is more secure than Windows, and this is not 100% correct and not 100% wrong, but there are features that we will learn about for each system.
You should know that complete security on the Internet does not exist, but rather there is relative security that depends on the way you secure your devices, which we will talk about in the coming lines.
How to install software on Linux.
The Linux operating system has the Superuser or Root feature, and this is an important feature in Linux.
The Superuser feature enables the user to secure the system by creating a password that he uses in many operations.
Example: This feature is used when installing programs in Linux and requires a password before installation to avoid installing programs without your knowledge.
How to protect your computer from hacking.
The Linux software install feature can be implemented in Windows as well, but in a slightly different way.
To take advantage of this feature in Windows, you must create a separate Administration Account and work through it.
At this point, Linux is better than Windows in securing the device when installing programs.
Windows is less secure because it can create its own programs from anyone and install them on your computer with ease.
Whereas, Windows allows installation of programs from unknown sources.
As for Linux, it does not allow this, but rather makes the installation of programs to be from stores only, and this gives it an advantage.
Because of the prevalence of Windows, malware designers focus on it, as it is the most widely used system.
Software compatibility in Windows and Linux.
In the point of software compatibility between Windows and Linux, Windows is definitely the winner in this point.
• As Windows users are able to run any program, even if it is not intended for this version or is outdated.
• Windows users excel thanks to the Legacy Support feature that enables them to run any program even if it is not compatible with the version or outdated.
• Make all programs available to Windows users.And as for Linux.
• Linux distributions encounter some problems with the available software.
• Linux distributions also face some problems in running these old programs.
Example: Adobe Flash Player has been unavailable for a long time for Linux and when it was available it did not work well and did not receive updates like its version in Windows.
Games and gaming on Windows and Linux.
Certainly, Windows also wins at this point due to Steam support, which provides more than 5,000 games for Windows.
Certainly, game developers also attach great importance to Windows, as it is the most popular system so far.
On the contrary, Linux does not have a lot of games, but there are a few games that run on Linux.
But Steam has finally started making games available in Linux, but this is an experimental project and it takes a lot of time.
In the current situation, Linux is not suitable for gaming and gaming, but this may change later.
We all know that Linux is more useful for developers and designers of websites and software.
The difference between Windows and Linux is in speed.
The difference between Windows and Linux in speed is definitely in favor of Linux as Linux is faster and smoother.
• Linux is distinguished in speed and allows processing more than one process at a time. Multiple Processes.
• Linux is not affected by the passage of time, such as Windows, which leads to the system working efficiently all the time.
Privacy in Linux and Windows.
Now our work is online and we do a lot of business through it, so privacy and computer protection has become a very important matter.
At this point, Linux excels as it does not spy on you in any way.
• What is unique about Linux is that it is literally yours, as it is an open source system and is not owned by any company.
• All Linux distributions come with a strong firewall that protects against anything, even from Linux developers.
• As for Microsoft, it is now aiming to profit greatly from selling your information to target you through advertisements.
• Windows can also look at your files if you sync them with its OneDrive cloud service.
• Microsoft monitors your online activity to develop its own personal assistant, Cortana.
General comparison between Linux and Windows.
At the end of the article, we must summarize the above and briefly clarify which one is better:
1- Installing programs: Linux excels thanks to the Superuser feature, which allows the user to create a password to use when installing programs.
2- Program compatibility: For this point, Windows is preferred because of the ability to run any program with any version.
3- Gaming and games: Windows excels thanks to its graphic interface and the strong support of software and game developers.
4- Speed: Linux excels here for several factors mentioned above.
5- Privacy: Linux also excels because it is an open source system, which enables you to view the source code of the program before installing it.
Thus, we have summarized the article in these previous points, and you have to decide which one is best for you.
Here we finish, of course there are other factors that differ between the two systems.
Now you can share your opinions on the whole thing, and you can tell us if you used Linux before? Which distributions do you prefer?